Warning: trim() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home1/misstina/public_html/toddlerrideontoys.net/wp-content/plugins/maxblogpress-optin-form-adder/optin-form-adder-lib/include/optin-form-adder.cls.php on line 120
When your children are riding 12v ride on toys there is always the possibility of a break down or malfunction of some sort. Don’t let the kids get too upset because it may not be such a big deal. Many times it’s simply a battery problem, but sometimes its more than that. Here are a few tips to help you fix your ride when you find yourself in this situation:
- Try to target what the problem is all about. It could be something simple like needing to replace the battery or it could be something more serious like a spring or a shaft problem.
- Check to see if your toy has had any product recalls that you may not know about. US Recall News and the Consumer Product Safety Commission are two great sites that give you up to date recall information.
- If there are no recalls, get the product name and model number of your 12v ride on toys and visit the manufacturers website to see what’s available in replacement parts for your model.
- It can be beneficial to visit forums where people are discussing ride on toys. This is a great way to see if other people are experiencing the same problems that you’re having. Simply do a Google search for the name of your ride on toy, click on the “show options” link at the top, and then forums. Sometimes you will come across other people having the very same problem and maybe you can see what they are doing to correct the problem.
- Ebay is a great tool for finding quality used or heavily discounted 12v ride on toy parts. These parts are most likely available at a much cheaper pricing than what the manufacturer is charging. It is worthwhile to spend some browsing Ebay before placing your final order.
- If you’re not sure how to fix the problem once you’ve got the parts, contact your local automotive repair shop. They should be able to help or direct you to someone who can.
I’m sure you would prefer to never have to worry about fixing your 12v ride on toys. Although this can’t be guaranteed, there are a few things that you can do before buying a new ride on to help ensure that you’re getting a quality ride. It may be appealing to run out and buy the newest product on the market, but it will actually benefit you to wait a little while and see what others think of the product.
Buying online has its advantages because you’re able to read a wide variety of customer reviews. This is a great way to see if anyone has reported mechanical issues. You can also buy 12v ride on toys that have a warranty against product failure and even against battery failure.
The Kid Trax Red Fire Engine Ride On Toy is a good example of a 12v ride on toy that I would personally consider buying. It has 29 current customer reviews. This is a fairly significant amount of reviews that give me a good idea of consumer confidence in the product. It also comes with a one year limited warranty on the fire engine itself and a six month warranty on the battery. This is the type of 12v ride on toy that I feel I could buy with confidence. Hopefully it would be one that I’d never have to repair!
Originally posted 2010-01-12 06:00:42. Republished by Blog Post Promoter