Power Wheels Vehicles are some of the most popular and sought after ride on toys for children. Your little one loves to imitate you and driving their own battery powered ride is one of their favorite forms of imitation. Who can resist the classy Corvette ride on toys, the stylish Princess power wheels, or the reputable John Deere ride on toys? No matter which ride you choose for your child, you can be sure that they’re built well and made to last.
Fortunately, for us parents, there’s really not a lot of maintenance required with the Power Wheels Vehicles. If your kids are spending a lot of time riding, you may find that a wash job is necessary every now and then. To wash your vehicle, all you need is some mild soap, a sponge, and the hose.
You can even apply a little car wax if you’d like. Not only will this keep your kids favorite ride shiny but it will help prevent the color from fading in the sun and the elements. Washing and cleaning these rides is something that you can get the kids involved with. It’s a great way to teach them a little responsibility and you can have fun doing it together.
- Before your child rides their new toy you will need to charge the battery for 24 hours. Be careful not to cut that time short just because you’re anxious to see the kids climb on board for the first time.
- If the initial charge is less than 16 hours then you risk decreasing the life of the battery. If you’re giving your Power Wheels as a gift and you anticipate that the kids will want to ride immediately then you may want to consider buying an extra battery that you can charge beforehand and have ready to go.
- Be careful that your battery does not get stored in extreme hot or cold conditions. This can damage the battery and cause it to shrink or swell. You should also avoid setting the battery directly on a concrete floor when you’re charging or storing it. This can drain the power and cause it to lose its charge because the concrete acts as a grounding source.
- The more often your kids ride their Power Wheels vehicle, the longer the battery will last. Encouraging them to ride frequently is not only good for them, but it’s also good for the life of the battery. You’ll get a longer lifespan with frequent use.
- 6v and 12v batteries should not be completely drained of power so it’s important to recharge the battery every time that the kids take a ride. Even if they only take a short ride over the course of the day, be consistent and charge it every time. If your kids don’t ride much during the winter months then it’s a good idea to charge the battery about once a month for 16 to 24 hours. There’s nothing better than a little maintenance charge!
Power Wheels vehicles are very easy to maintain. I little bit of care on your part will ensure that your kids will have a ride on toy that will last for years to come. If you can any questions or concerns about maintenance just leave a comment and I’ll get some answers for you.
Originally posted 2010-04-16 05:57:00. Republished by Blog Post Promoter