The Land Sailor is one incredible three-wheeled ride on toy that harnesses the power of the wind to drive it. It has a base that is similar to a go kart and a Dacron sail that is just like the sail of a nautical sailboat. It’s light, it’s small, and it’s perfect for children aged 12 and up.
So what exactly is landsailing? Well, in a nutshell it’s a sport that’s a combination of both sailing and racing that takes place on land. The sailor sits on the base and controls the vehicle with their hands and feet. The land sailor is fueled by the wind only and is a really fun sport that has become very popular. If you’re hooked and your kids are showing an interest then the Land Sailor for children is a great way for them to get started. Here are some of its best features:
- Your children won’t need any prior sailing or go kart experience to be able to ride the Land Sailor. What they will need is just a little bit of training to learn how to operate the vehicle.
- With a little bit of practice your child will learn how to keep the wind to one side or the other of their sail. They will even be able to maneuver with the wind coming from the back. They will steer with their feet on the foot bars, they’ll control their speed with the sail control rope, and they’ll be able to stop with the hand brake without fear of tipping.
- The Land Sailer travels at speeds up to 25 mph. The 35 1/2′ Dacron sail is high enough to harness lots of wind power. This ride on toy is made for flat surfaces only and you should always remember to use caution in areas with strong winds. Be sure to listen to local weather forecasts before heading out for the day and teach your kids the importance of safety.
- The 3 wheels are all corrosion resistant with stainless steel bearings and nylon rims. The front wheel is 12″ in size and the rear are 20″ and are cambered for extra stability.
- Since you may want to travel to different locations to get in some landsailing races, this ride breaks down into 4 sections and comes complete with four 4′ long carry bags that will easily fit in the trunk. Once you’ve arrived you’ll be able to put it together is quickly and easily.
The Land Sailor is fast but it’s easy to sail. The front wheel is designed to be able to make 180 degree turns within a 15 foot area. The seat is ergonomically designed for comfort and will fit just about everyone up to 225 pounds. This is one cool ride and you’ll be making your child’s day when you give them a gift as special as this one!
Let us know how your racing progresses!
P.S. The Land Sailor in action!
Originally posted 2010-07-09 05:55:36. Republished by Blog Post Promoter